Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Home

We moved into the town house last Wednesday that we plan to stay in until our new home is built. It is a standard two-level, with three spacious bedrooms upstairs. We have furniture and basic house wares from a leasing company, and closets and drawers to start filling. It feels great.

Our first night here Marit asked me, “Is this home or another vacation?” Over the past two weeks, whenever we referred to my parents’ house or our hotel as “home,” Marit would dispute it and say, “that’s not home. Home is yellow.” (Our house was actually light brown, but who’s going to argue.) She preferred to refer to our hotel as “the building,” and once explained to me, “A fire bumped over my house and now I need to live in a building.”

After being here several days, Marit seems to have accepted that this is home for now, along with the rest of us. I’m sure we’ll have some fun memories here. It’s hard not to have fun when you have a two-year-old princess to keep you on your toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment