Friday, March 5, 2010

"I think it's your house"


On the afternoon February 23, 2010, I received a phone call at work from a friend in our neighborhood. She was upset, but to the point. "This is a horrible phone call to make...a gas leak...an explosion..." And then I heard the words that left me in shock and disbelief for several days: "I think it's your house."

That moment was the beginning of a new journey for the Augustson family. It has been 10 days since our home was leveled by a gas explosion, and I have stories to fill a lifetime. There are literally hundreds of people who have reached out to share their support, concern and relief that we are all OK, and we couldn't be more appreciative of their thoughtfulness.

Ironically, I created this blog, Arden Moments, on February 22 for a class I am taking in Web 2.0. I planned to chronicle the fun moments in our lives at our home on Arden Avenue. This blog has a slightly different purpose for the short term, but someday soon we'll return to our simple life and I can go back to unabashedly bragging about my sweet, resilient girls.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Love the blog :) Can't wait to keep up with you guys this way. Speaking of Web 2.0, let us know when you get on Twitter (btw, that's how I 1st heard of the explosion).

    Keep smiling and best wishes to the fam!

    ReplyDelete